Saturday, January 10, 2015

More Than This by: Jay McLean



Well, I have a bunch of books sitting on my kindle to read and today I read this book by Jay McLean and boy I'm sure glad I did. " I like it.  I more-than-a-lot like-so much more-than a lot."  Great quote from the book, and while I am not using it for the same reasons as in the book, it pretty much sums up how I really like this book.

"Then she asks, "Have you ever been in love?"
"I don't know...Maybe.  Yes, with you."

This book really tugged at the heart strings.  We meet a girl Mikayla who has lived the worst day imaginable AND on the night of her senior prom, which leads to major heartbreak.  But despite living her worst day, she ends up meeting a knight and shining armor.  But I don't mean that in the literal sense, I mean that in the BEST BOOK BOYFRIEND sense.  I know that I have many book boyfriends stashed away in my kindle, but I will tell you Jake is up there in the top 5.  

"He's quiet for so long again that I don't know if he heard me.  Then he says, "I more-than-a-lot like you, too- so much more-than-a-lot."

This knight and shining armor helped her through one of the darkest times of her life and only after knowing her for a couple hours.  And while, I know you are all thinking, "WHAT?"  ONLY A COUPLE HOURS?"  I know, I was thinking it too, but yet I couldn't put it down and Jake really proved what a great guy he is.  Not only is he hot, a big deal baseball player, he is also the sweetest, patient and romantic package wrapped up in one big red bow.  Yes... he's the whole package ladies.

"Our skin is only lightly grazing-a soft touch, yet it feels so intimate, like we're more than what we are.  I know I want to be more-more than this."  

This book definitely has some twists and turns along the way.  In fact, the one at the end of the book,  I didn't see coming.  This book made me laugh, gasp, and had me reaching for some Kleenex a time or two.  A great story or friendship and romance!

4****

~PA

Get a copy from Amazon or Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment