Friday, December 26, 2014

#6 Rush Too Far by: Abbi Glines


18211536

Description:

Fallen Too Far was Blaire's story. Now it's time for Rush to share his side.

Everyone in Rosemary Beach thinks they know how Rush Finlay and Blaire Wynn fell in love. But Rush is back to tell his side of the story...

Rush has earned every bit of his bad-boy reputation. The three-story beach house, luxury car, and line of girls begging for time between his sheets are the envy of every guy in Rosemary Beach, and Rush handles it all with the laid-back cool of a rock star’s son. All he needs are his best friend, Grant, and his sister, Nan.

Until Blaire Wynn drives into town in her beat-up pickup truck with a pistol under her seat. The Alabama farm girl instantly captures Rush’s attention once he discovers that the angelic beauty is his new stepsister, but he vows to keep his distance. Even if she needs his help. Even if he craves her.

Because Rush knows why Blaire is all alone in the world, forced to ask for help from the father who abandoned her three years ago. And he knows if he gets too close it will destroy Nan, who has a secret connection to Blaire.

He has every reason in the world to stay away from her. Find out why he doesn’t.
 

Why I like It:

So I hear our readers out there..."another Abbi Glines book" and to them I say YES!  VA and I happen to love her, most of all her Rosemary Beach series.  This series is great, all these bad boys and how when they find the love of their life; how soft, protective and a puddle of mush they become.  They will do anything, and I mean absolutely anything for the woman they love and Rush is no exception to the rule.   

This is the first book in the Rosemary Beach series but from Rush's point of view.  Rush is the ultimate rich, bad boy.  Rush is the son of a famous rock bang called Slacker Demon.  So you can only imagine his father and how he was raised; he has money, a nice house, throws excellent parties and could have and even sometimes does have any woman he wants.  Oh and did I mention he is hott!  But what guy isn't in these books.  Am I right girls?  Rush has hated Blaire for years, until the moment he saw her.  I know what you're thinking, how could he hate someone he's never met.  Well that's for you to read and find out.  No spoilers here.  But I will say that he hates her to protect his sister Nan.  How can we not like a man who will protect his sister.  

"She is an angel.  My angel.  A beautiful, strong, fierce, loyal angel who entered my life in a pickup truck, carrying a gun."

Blaire shows up to Rush's house under the impression that he has agreed to give her a place to stay.  But let's just say that Rush isn't too thrilled when she shows up, well at least that's what he portrays on the outside.  Inside, he thinks she's the most beautiful woman he has ever met.  So starts the love/hate relationship between Rush and Blaire.  Rush reluctantly agrees to let Blaire stay, but goes a little Harry Potter style, sets her up in a room under the stairs, his house maid's room in fact.

“She didn’t get me at all. She didn’t understand, and holy hell, she thought she wasn’t good enough. Was she kidding me? She was so damn near perfect it hurt.”   

Blaire gets a job at a local country club, the one where Rush is a member, to raise money to get a place of her own.  Her boss Woods, takes an immediate interest in her, which causes a little bit of jealousy with Rush...ok maybe not a little...a lot.  But Woods knows how Rush treats Blaire and in an attempt to protect her from Rush even asks her out.  Blaire finally accepts an invitation but to one of Rush's parties.  This doesn't go over to well with Rush, it in fact causes him to be insanely jealous.  Although I know what you're thinking, he hasn't even given her the time of day, how can he even care or has a right too, but let me tell you when you read it, you are still rooting for the guy.  You catch glimpses that he really truly does care about her.  Eventually, he decides to give in to his feelings and start dating her, with which he gives Woods a warning to stay away.  Oh just so you know he isn't a complete a-hole he does get her out of the room under the stairs and upgrades her room, even though she never once complained about it.  Another reason she's such a strong girl, and luckily Rush happens to agree with my opinion; or maybe it's I who agrees with him. 

“Doesn’t sound like she’s alone anymore”…
“She’s not. She never will be. I’ll always be there for her. I’ll keep her safe. I’ll take care of her. She will always have me.” 

But let me tell you after they start having a relationship, their problems aren't over, far from it.  In fact, his sister Nan isn't exactly thrilled about this latest development and Rush often is torn between his sister Nan and the woman he loves.  Blaire finds out a secret that causes her to reexamine her life in Rosemary Beach but most of all her relationship with Rush.  So she does what most girls would do...she runs.  Blaire goes back home to the life that she knew before Rosemary Beach...before Rush.  

“Leaning down, I pressed a kiss to her head. "I will fix this. I swear I will make it right. I love you enough to get us through this. I just need you to love me enough. Please, Blaire. Love me enough," I pleaded.”

This breaks Rush.  

“It was like she'd become the sun, and I started revolving around her. She was my center.” 
     
What will happen?  Will Rush and Blaire work things out?  Will Blaire ever return to Rosemary Beach?  Well I will not spoil it for you,  but I will say; THIS is why we read Abbi Glines and the Rosemary Beach series.

“My sweet Blaire. She had shown up and stolen a piece of my heart without opening her mouth. Then she’d consumed me. Taken it all. I had let her have it freely.” 

5*****

Get a copy: Amazon   Barnes and Noble


If you loved Rush Too Far, you can find more of Blaire and Rush's story from Blaire's point of view. 

Check out Fallen Too Far #1 

Fallen Too Far (Too Far, #1)

Get it from Amazon or Barnes and Noble


 and Never Too Far #2

Never Too Far (Too Far, #2)

Get it from Amazon or Barnes and Noble

~ PA

No comments:

Post a Comment