Saturday, December 20, 2014

PA Wild Card #1- Promising You By: Allie Everhart

Hello Fellow Readers,

We decided to bring you our top 10 favorite books published in 2014, as we count in the new year.  When we were sitting in a winery and picking books of our top 10, we had some left over that we had to include on our list.  So we brought you...The Wild Cards!  We have four to share with you over the next two days.  Look for two from me, and two from VA.  My first wild card is Promising You by: Allie Everhart.  This is part of "The Jade Series."  Warning: This happens to be the fourth book in the series, but I recommend that you read the other four books before this one.  There is a lot of plot you will miss if you don't read them first.  Without further ado, I give you my first wild card.
 
PA
 
 
 
19435923
 
 
Description:
 
When Jade first arrived at Moorhurst College, she never imagined that the guy who helped her move in would end up being the guy she wants to be with forever. Now, seven months later, Jade and Garret are starting to talk about a future together. But the people around Jade are planting doubts in her mind, questioning her decision to be part of the Kensington family. Behind their lavish lifestyle are obligations and commitments that Garret may not be able to free himself from.

One of these obligations is something Garret never knew about. Even his father wasn’t aware of what’s in store for his son. And once he finds out, it seems there’s nothing he can do about it.

Just when Jade and Garret thought their problems were over, this new challenge emerges. Garret learns something that could change his future forever. And Jade’s future as well.

As the school year comes to a close, will Jade and Garret get the happy ending they deserve? Or will bigger forces intervene? Garret promised Jade he’d always be there for her. But can he keep his promise?
 
 
Why I Like It:
 
So VA had suggested this series to me and wasn't sure if I was going to like it.  It was on her list to tell me about but I didn't get that I was gonna love it feeling.  Well, I have to say I was pleasantly surprised.  While this is a romance YA series, it wasn't just the story of two people falling in love.  Jade and Garrett have so much more going on in their lives, besides just going to college.  Jade has had a tough family life to say the least and has a hard time trusting.  Garrett comes from a rich family. This is not your typical book where the rich guy gets everything he wants, quite far from it.  Nothing seems to be easy with Garrett and his family. 
 
The fourth book starts after Jade has found out a major secret about her family.  Jade struggled with this accepting this secret and has to deal with deciding who to trust.  Part of this secret includes the now dead Royce Sinclair.  Sinclair was part of a secret organization and was in line to be the next president.  Now the secret organization is scrambling to resolve the problem with their plan.  This causes problems for Jade and Garrett and impacts their lives in this book. 
 
"I know sometimes I say or do things that make you think I won't stick around, but it's not how I feel.  I want to stick around.  I want this-us-to be my future.  I don't want this to ever end."
 
The secret organization plans to remedy this problem by punishing Garrett's father and makes Garrett as part of their plan to become the next president.  They are going to put him the the best colleges to give him the best education and train him to work his way up to be the next president.  Sounds good right, except that this plan doesn't include Jade.  This plan requires Garrett to give up the one thing he loves the most. 
 
An ex girlfriend of Garretts starts up her reality show again.  The first season aired when Garrett and Ava were dating.  This second season is about to air and they have started rumors that Garrett and Ava are still dating.  Wait!  Isn't he dating Jade?  This show only helps out his popularity and likeability and only secures the organization's plan.  At first, he wants to decline, but the they make it very hard to say no when they start threatening Jade's life.  In order to protect her, Garrett gives up Jade.
 
"You lied to me about us! You said I could have this forever. You said if we ever broke up it would be because I did it, not you. You said nobody could ever break us apart unless we let them. And like an idiot, I believed you!"
 
This devistates Jade.  She trusted him to protect her and never leave her.  He had wormed his way into her life and now he was gone.  Trust was hard for Jade.  But she learned to trust Garrett and accept his love and understand why he loved her.  She had just come to terms and the next thing she knows, he's been ripped away from her.  Eventually, Jade decides not to give up and comes up with a plan to make the secret organization change their mind and get the love of her life back.
 
"I love you more than anything in this world, Jade.  And when I promised you forever, I meant it."
 
I didn't want to give to much away about the plot, but a lot happens in this book.  Allie Everhart does a great job with the storyline in these beginning books.  She has good twists and turns that you don't see coming, great characters and not to mention some great cliff hangers that make it hard to put these books down.  So if you find yourself with some extra time this holiday season, I highly recommend you read these books.    
 
4****
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment