Saturday, December 27, 2014

#5 Bender by: Stacy Borel


21971980

Description:

All Keegan wanted was a roommate who was quiet, minded their own business, and paid for part of the rent. Instead, she got Camden Brooks. 

Camden, with his sinful body, sharp tongue, and the inability to stay out of Keegan’s personal space, couldn’t seem to curb his interest in the new girl who wouldn’t put up with his domineering ways. 

Feelings were running rampant, sexual tension was thick, and both were struggling to let go of control. 

To some people, getting a roommate simply meant living with another person. But to both Camden and Keegan it was a curveball that neither was prepared to swing at. 

Why I Like It:

So I don't think it's a secret that we love this book.  Especially after this was my first review on the blog.  I will repeat myself only once more, this book is a great read.  It has humor, roommate banter, love and just a good down to earth book that makes it easy to finish this book in one sitting.   Well, at least I did, but then again sometimes I get so wrapped up into book world, I find it hard to get out.  But this book was no exception.  I will say that a reading a book is like watching a movie, it has to capture my attention in the beginning, otherwise I tend to move or take a really long time to read the book.  This book captured my attention right away and even made it hard to put it down.  

"I was looking to make a change.  To get out of the rut I'd been living in."

Keegan was living with her mother and younger sister and was basically at her mom's beckoning call to help out with her younger sister.  Her mother was constantly asking her to watch her little sister and in result she wasn't able to make study groups to keep up her grades and get accepted into nursing school.   Keegan loved her little sister and never was upset with her for her mom's mistakes.  When her mother finally went to far, Keegan decided it was time to move out.

"Just a regular ad.  Except it was misleading, and what I got was so not normal.  In fact, I had no idea what I was getting myself in to..."

Keegan's friend, Macie decides to help look for apartments.  Keegan responds to three ads and sets up an appointment to go visit them in one day.  First apartment, the guy is well...creepy, the second apartment was a goth chic who's in a band...too loud.  Third times a charm when she meets Dodger.  He's very nice, not a creeper, no loud music (perfect for studying) and has an amazing apartment close to campus.  SOLD!  Except...Dodger doesn't live there, his brother Camden does.

"You were made for me blue.  You are my person."

Camden owns a gym, works out a lot and is really... well....HOT!!  The first night, he brings another woman back to the apartment rubbing it in Keegan's face.  Despite his actions like he doesn't care, he still manages to wake up and make her breakfast the next morning.

"...with that one look, I knew you were the girl who could ruin me."

As time goes by Keegan and Camden spend more time together and the walls start to break down on both sides.  They start to learn to trust one another and a relationship begins to blossom.

Bender was funny, entertaining, a wonderful story to let you know that you never know when you will meet someone that can change your life.  Oh and did I mention the romance.  This book had some hot and steamy parts that would make you have to wipe the condensation off your window. I can't wait to read book #2 Slider! A little birdie told me to expect it January 20th.  Cant's wait!


4****

Get a copy: Amazon     Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment