Saturday, December 20, 2014

VA's Wild Card Selection #1

Hello all!

In our countdown of the top 10 books of 2014, PA and I had so many more favorites than we had slots open so we decided to have 2 wild card selections each. Today I am posting my first wild card slot.


Description: 

When Bree Prescott arrives in the sleepy, lakeside town of Pelion, Maine, she hopes against hope that this is the place where she will finally find the peace she so desperately seeks. On her first day there, her life collides with Archer Hale, an isolated man who holds a secret agony of his own. A man no one else sees.

Archer's Voice is the story of a woman chained to the memory of one horrifying night and the man whose love is the key to her freedom. It is the story of a silent man who lives with an excruciating wound and the woman who helps him find his voice. It is the story of suffering, fate, and the transformative power of love.


Why I LOVE it:

This book was a pleasant surprise for me. I picked it up on a whim and fell in love with Archer. He was a honorable man who had shut himself off from the world when a tragedy cost him his voice and his family. He was considered an outcast that people in the community misunderstood, and Archer made no effort to change.

"It's been this way for a long time... it's fine. It works for everyone involved."

It wasn't until Bree came to town and met Archer that his world began to change. He started falling for Bree and in doing so wanted to improve himself to become worthy of Bree.

"You can't hear me... I can't help that. But I want you to see me."

Archer had many successes and failures in his quest to better himself and at one time made a big decision to turn things around for himself that Bree wasn't all that thrilled about. However, in the end,  Archer realized that ultimately, he was worthy of Bree's love and always had been.

"Only you, only ever you... her love slips quietly around me, holding me, anchoring me, reminding me that the loudest words are the ones we live."

Archer broke my heart many times in this book but he also warmed it as well. I have to say, my favorite scene was when he was getting his hair cut from Bree (you know which scene I mean if you have read it ;) ). The resulting scene from that was also very sweet as Bree had to show patience with Archer and his limited life experiences.

Check it out next time you are looking for a great heartwarming read!

Look for it here on Amazon   or  on   Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment