Sunday, December 21, 2014

PA Wild Card #2- Be With Me by: J. Lynn

17558817

Description:

Teresa Hamilton is having a rough year—she’s in love with her big brother’s best friend, but he hasn’t spoken to her since they shared a truly amazing, mind-blowing, change-your-life kiss. She got out of a terrible relationship. And now an injury is threatening to end her dance career for good. It’s time for Plan B – college. And maybe a chance to convince Jase that what they have together is real.

Jase Winstead has a huge secret that he’s not telling anyone. Especially not his best friend’s incredibly beautiful sister. Even though he and Teresa shared the hottest kiss of his life, he knows that his responsibilities must take priority. He certainly doesn’t have time for a relationship. But it doesn’t help that all he can think about kissing the one girl who could ruin everything for him.

As they’re thrown together more and more, Jase and Tess can’t keep denying their feelings for each other. But a familiar danger looms and tragedy strikes. As the campus recovers, the star-crossed couple must decide what they’re willing to risk to be together, and what they’re willing to lose if they’re not…


Why I Love It:

J.Lynn who is also known as Jennifer Armentrout wrote this book.  She started this series with Wait for You and Be With Me.  Those stories focus on Camden, Teresa's brother and how he found his HEA.  I have to say that I absolutely loved Camden's story and am sad that it wasn't published in 2014, otherwise it would have been on the countdown.  So if you find yourself with some extra time this holiday season, I encourage you to check those two books out as well.  But I digress from why we are really here.  My second wild card pick is Be With Me.  This book focuses on Camden's sister Teresa (Tess) and his best friend Jase.  You can see what I'm hinting at right?

"I obsessively remembered everything I'd ever learned about Jase in a way I imagined Justin Bieber fans did about him.  Embarrassing as that sounded, it was true.  Jase unbeknownst to him and the entire world, had come to mean a lot of things to me in the last three years.  
A friend.
My brother's saving grace.
And the source of my crush." 

Teresa was a dancer, a great one, until an incident had put her hopes and dreams of becoming a professional dancer on hold.  She had torn her ACL and attends college where Camden and Jase go. Jase and Tess shared a kiss about a year ago but Jase doesn't think that he is good Tess so he stayed away...until now.  When they first meet, you can cut the sexual tension with a knife.  You can tell that they are still clearly attracted to each other and they both care for the other.

"I'm sorry...What happened between us?  It shouldn't have..." 

Tess tried to do everything she could to stay away from Jase after his comment.  (I mean wouldn't you, it doesn't exactly make you swoon.)  It was a little hard to stay away from him when they had a class together and even harder when you demanded to give you a ride to class.  At this point, Jase is torn about his feelings for Tess and his need to protect her and he plays a little hot and cold action.  This is the one part that irritates me about Jase.  He would go out of his way to spend time with her and then he would try to push her away the next. I do understand his hesitance to tell her his secret and that's the real reason he's pushing her away, which doesn't make me hate him.  But this was the most frustrating part of the book for me.

“I love you like I love cupcakes.” 

So Jase ends up getting drunk one night and dropping by Tess's dorm further explain his comment with a yummy sweet treat.  "Almost yummy as me" as he puts it.  Jase...cupcake...Jase...cupcake.  OK Jase, especially if he keeps bring cupcakes.  He explains that he really cares for her,but he really shouldn't have acted on his feelings "...because you're Cam's little sister.  You're untouchable."  After that night, he ends up buying different types of cupcakes for Tess every time her sees her.  OMG!  Can we say adorable?

“We need to tell your brother."

And that would be terrifying. For Jase. But I smiled. "Maybe I'll just update my Facebook to 'in a relationship' and tag you?"

Jase snickered and then dropped another kiss on my forehead. "That should go over well.” 


Tess and Jase end up giving in to their feelings and they start dating.  I think we know what happens next...they have to tell Camden or rather Camden ends up finding out before they get a chance to tell him.  Yes, you can expect his reaction to not be too happy for his sister and best friend.  But Camden ends up being the least of their problems.

“Oh God,” Jase groaned, rubbing a hand down his jaw. “She’s a friend, Dad.” 
“Uh-huh.” His father backed up, picking up the bucket. “Friends with a pretty gal like that, then you’re doing something wrong, son.” 


Jase ends up bringing Tess home to spend time with his family, especially his little brother Jack.  He has never brought a girl home before.  So this is a big deal.  You can really tell how Jase struggles in this book.  He is so torn because he knows that this girl Tess is amazing and he really wants to be with her, but then he still hasn't revealed his secret.

“You know, I’ve tried staying away from you. I’ve tried ignoring how I feel about you, which isn’t how I should feel. But it’s like fighting a losing battle. And I don’t want to fight it anymore. I don’t want to ignore this.” 

Almost half-way through the book, things take an ugly turn for Tess.  She is in a situation similar to her past.  But this time, she does things differently.  But this also cause major consequences for her future.  She is forced to make a decision about her life, one that could effect her and Jase.  

This is only the tip of the iceberg.  There is so much more to this story, but I don't want to give it all away.  I hope that you will read this book.  This story shows the growth of not only Jase, but Tess as well.  They both have some issues to deal with in the book, and they both man up and deal with it.  And there is definitely a point of no return in this book.  You reach a certain point in the book, where you just can't put it down.  Amazing read!

Happy Reading!

PA

4****

Buy from Amazon

Buy from Barnes and Noble

No comments:

Post a Comment