Thursday, December 25, 2014

# 7 Opposition by: Jennifer L. Armentrout



13644055

Description:

Katy knows the world changed the night the Luxen came.

She can't believe Daemon welcomed his race or stood by as his kind threatened to obliterate every last human and hybrid on Earth. But the lines between good and bad have blurred, and love has become an emotion that could destroy her—could destroy them all.

Daemon will do anything to save those he loves, even if it means betrayal.

They must team with an unlikely enemy if there is any chance of surviving the invasion. But when it quickly becomes impossible to tell friend from foe, and the world is crumbling around them, they may lose everything— even what they cherish most—to ensure the survival of their friends…and mankind.

War has come to Earth. And no matter the outcome, the future will never be the same for those left standing

Why I Like It:

Well the countdown is on and this is my first post on the countdown.  I hope that you have been enjoying our recommendations.  I know I have.  It has given me the opportunity to go back and reread some of my favorite books from this year.  I hope you are enjoying reading them as much as I have been rereading them.  

PA

I absolutely love this book by Jennifer Armentrout.  In fact, this is one of my favorite series.  So here we go again.  Warning: This book is the last book in it's series.  All the other books lead up to this epic finale.  I have included the first four books in the series at the bottom.

I am so excited that I finally found a book series ending that I loved.  (Haven't had the best luck lately.)  But this one does not disappoint.  Jennifer did a great job with this series.  I absolutely could not put these books down.  I actually had to wait to read the finale and I can tell you it wasn't easy.  

“Oh no. Oh, hell to the no to the tenth power.”

This book picks up were Origin left off.  Daemon, Katy and their friends are trying to save the world as it has been invaded.  They have had a lot of issues along the way with who they can trust.  They have been betrayed by some of their friends so they are having a hard time placing trust in the people they call friends, not cool right.  Their friends betrayals caused a lot of issues for them along their mission. 

"You didn't lose me kitten, you could never lose me."

One of my favorite parts about this book series is the relationship between Daemon and Katy.   But I think I melt every time he called her Kitten.  Daemon came up with this nickname for her and OMG, I love him for it.  He's like the best book boyfriend ever!!!!  Daemon loves Katy so deeply, and it really shows in this book.  But their banter back and forth is hilarious.  There are moments in this book that you bust out laughing (which makes you look like an idiot if there are other people in the room.  They use a lot of sarcasm with each other and you can really tell her affection for one another as well as their sexual tension.

"I broke every rule of my kind to heal you and keep you with me.  I married you and burned down an entire city to keep you safe.  I've killed for you.  Did you think I'd forget what you mean to me?  That anything in this world-any world-would be stronger than my love for you?"

Need I say more.  I just love Daemon Black!

 I know that this isn't a typical book review and I'm literally just telling you all the things that I liked about the book.  But readers, I really want you to explore the plot for yourself.  I don't want to spoil it for you.  She kept this book action packed with twists and turns all the way throughout this book series.  Like I said, I just couldn't put these book down.  I wasn't expecting to like the series as much as I did.  But there were parts where I laughed, I cried and of course I screamed at some characters every now and then.  That to me is an AWESOME book.  I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Jennifer Armentrout and what she did with this series.  So stop reading this review and start reading the Lux Series.  I promise you won't regret it.

5*****

Get a copy: Amazon        Barnes and Noble

Start with book one and work your way through.  These books do build on each other!

       
Obsidian (Lux, #1)Onyx (Lux, #2)Opal (Lux, #3)Origin (Lux, #4)


No comments:

Post a Comment